Carinthia is located at the intersection of three language cultures. This fact constitutes an obligation. We see ourselves as a „guide“ in areas of multilingualism, intercultural learning and internationality, as well as in terms of natural science, school development, quality development and research.
Approximately 630 students are currently in training with us and 7,500 students attend lectures and workshops in continuing education. The quality of culture that we live by at our institution, is an expression of our mission statement, which is closely connected with Viktor Frankl. We orientate ourselves around his idea of man, his philosophy and his life experiences.
Freedom and responsibility are central concepts as well as the question of „meaning and value“ of education for us. What kind of education does today‘s multicultural society need? What makes sense? For us and for our students? How can we „build bridges“ - from human to human?
- We are the central institution of education, training and continuing education for teachers in Carinthia
- We are guided by a humanistic world view in which the centre of the human being stands with his knowledge, education and development needs.
- Our university college is a place of encounter and academic discourse.
- Our professionalism is reflected in technical and methodological skills as well as social and communication skills.
- We understand education, training and continuing education as a continuum of professional qualification.
- We live linguistic and cultural diversity. We cooperate and pursue regional and international networking.
- Our research mission is aimed at all teachers and students involved in research processes. 8. We take responsibility through professionally based and value-based decisions and purposeful and systematic actions
- Teaching degree for primary education - Bachelor Program
- Teaching degree for New Middle Schools - Bachelor Program
- Teaching degree for special needs‘ schools - Bachelor Program
- Teaching degree for Polytechnical Schools - Structural Engineering - Bachelor Program
- Teaching degree for Vocational Schools
- Teaching degree for technology and economics at middle and upper secondary schools
- Bilingual Education at primary schools with German and Slovene mother language
- Slovene in secondary education
- Supervision, Coaching and Organisational Development
- Professional leadership and sustainable development (option for Master)
- Pedagogy and Technical Didactics for Teachers: German, English and Mathematics, primary education (cooperation with Alps-Adriatic University Klagenfurt (option for Master) University College Courses (selected)
- University College Course for Logotherapy
- University College Course for Leisure Education
Continuing Training Compact Focus areas
- Vocational Research and Development
- German as Second Language – Dealing with linguistic and cultural diversity in heterogeneous classes
- Multilingualism / Intercultural Education / Internationality
- Minority School System
- Natural Sciences
- Personal Mastery / Existential Pedagogy
- School Management and Qualification of school principals
- Teachers and Learning
- Political Education
- Cultural Education
- International Cooperations
- School Quality at schools and quality management at Vocational Schools
- Research on teaching for primary and lower secondary education - in particular Didactics of Natural Sciences
- Intercultural Education, in particular, language teaching / multilingualism, global education, migration
- Bilingualism, bilingual education, Slovenian language
- Model school development projects in theory and practice and their evaluation
- Man/woman with his/her needs in physical, mental, spiritual and social dimensions
- Research in vocational education and training (e.g. apprenticeship with A-levels, new teachers at vocational schools)
- Research project: new teachers at vocational schools in Austria
- Educationally disadvantaged youth in Carinthia
- Notions of normality from teachers
- Items development of educational standards („listening“)
- Accompanying research as support for innovations in the field of continuing teacher training (training compact)
- Accompanying research in international projects