Dear Incoming student,
welcome to the Homepage of the Office for International Affairs of the University College of Teacher Education Carinthia – Viktor Frankl Hochschule! Here you can find information about the first steps in Austria, what the UCTE offers to its Incoming Students and also about the Application Process.
The PHK/UCTE offers an International Study Programme in Education which includes the following five modules:
- Intercultural Encounter
- Cultural Studies
- Educational Sciences
- Teacher Competencies
- Teaching Practice – primary and secondary School
For more detailed information about the subjects please click here!
Apart from the Courses “German for Incomings” and “Conversation German” the rest of the subjects are hold in English. For German-speaking Incomings (at least Level B2) there is the possibility to attend also regular courses.
Right at the beginning of each semester the UCTE / PHK offers an Introduction Week which includes:
- Intensive German Course (Beginner / Advanced) in the amount of 1 ECTS-Point
- Getting to know the facilities of UCTE (access to library, PH Online, institutions, etc.)
- Excursions in and around Klagenfurt (nature and culture)
The Welcome Week for the summer semester 2021 will be held online from February 22 till 26.
Welcome Week 2021/22
The Welcome Week for the winter semester 2021/22 will be held from September 28 until October 2, 2021.
DEADLINE to apply
For winter term 2021/22: 15 June, 2021
For summer term 2022: 15 December, 2021
Step 1: Nomination
Step 2: Email contact (PHK/UCTE – student/s)
The first e-mail to you will be sent after we have received the nomination - with a request to wait for the final decision due to the limited places and a large number of students who are willing to study at the PHK/UCTE.
Step 3: Admission
After having received the admission to study at the UCTE you will be provided with further details concerning documents needed (f.ex. Online Application Form, Learning Agreement, Certificate of Language skills).
Step 4: Acceptance Letter
The Acceptance Letter will be issued along with further information about accommodation, arrival and departure dates and welcome week.
Information on COVID-19 entry regulation
As of 15th January 2021, an electronic registration (Pre-Travel Clearance - PTC) is mandatory before entering Austria. You can find the electronic PTC registration form here.
Further information on pre-travel-clearance.
As of Feb. 10, 2021, entrants, who do not fall under any of the here listed counties (Australia, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, South Korea) have to present a proof of a negative test result for SARS-CoV-2 upon request of border authorities. If this is not possible, this test must be conducted immediately after entry, at the latest within 24 hours.
Persons staying in regions for which a travel warning is in effect due to the COVID-19 pandemic must immediately enter a ten-day house quarantine upon entry into Austria. An early termination of the quarantine by means of a negative PCR or antigen test is possible from the 5th day after entry at the earliest.
Where can I do a COVID test?
- Kärntner Messen, address: Messeplatz 1, 9020 Klagenfurt (Monday-Friday, 08:00 – 12:30 o’clock and 13:00 – 18:00 o’clock)
- Wörtherseestadion, address: Südring 207, 9020 Klagenfurt / antigen test (Saturday-Sunday, 8:00-12:00 o ‘clock)
COVID test registration and appointment booking under: www.oesterreich-testet.at or by phone: 0800 220 330 (Monday- Sunday, 07:00 -22:00 o’clock).
Also the following pharmacies in Klagenfurt carry out antigen tests. Pre-registration by telephone is required!
- Landschafts-Apotheke (address: Alter Platz. 32, 9020 Klagenfurt am Wörthersee; phone number: 0463 55077)
- Obir-Apotheke (address: Baumbachplatz 21, 9020 Klagenfurt am Wörthersee;
phone number 0463 23225)
- Apotheke vorm Lindwurm (address: Neuer Platz 9, 9020 Klagenfurt am Wörthersee; phone number: 0463 512575)
- Noreia Apotheke (address: Pischeldorfer Str. 105, 9020 Klagenfurt am Wörthersee, phone number 0463 45893)
The test is free of charge for people who have a residence in Austria. Please take your registration certificate and your national insurance card with you.
Further information on COVID-19.
Obligation to register the place of residence in Austria
Every citizen is obliged to register at the new address within three days. In principle, registration takes place at the registration office in Klagenfurt, but during the COVID- pandemic it can also be done by mail.
How can the registration be carried out during the COVID- 19 pandemic?
The completed registration form (Meldezettel) and a copy of an official identification document (passport and birth certificate) can be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can get the registration form (Meldezettel) at the accommodation or you can download it here.
After 4-5 days, the confirmation of your registration will be sent by post to the residence in Austria.
In order to reside legally more than three months in Austria, you need to apply for the so-called "Anmeldebescheinigung" at the Niederlassungsbehörde (Krumpfgasse 20, 9010 Klagenfurt). Please call the numer +43 463 537 44 06 to ask for an appointment.
This is the link where you can find the form that needs to be filled out.
The following documents are necessary for your appointment:
- identification card or passport (Gültiger Personalausweis oder Reisepass)
- declaration/ statement of your parents that they provide you with sufficient financial support (means of subsistence) during your stay abroad in English or German
- certification of health insurance coverage
- confirmation of studies here (you get that in PH Online: Studienblatt):
1) Click on "Studienbestätigungen" >> 2) click on "Druckansicht" >> 3) print it!
In this example every line what is to be filled in is marked with a cross.