The Buddy Programme aims to make it easier for new incoming Erasmus students to start their studies in Klagenfurt. For this reason, we place a local student with incoming students for the entire semester in order to make it easier for the incoming students to arrive and to help them find their way around Klagenfurt and the PH Kärnten. One Buddy is responsible for 1-3 incoming students and receives a small financial support and a certificate for this activity. Buddies are welcome to participate in the Buddy Programme more than once.
How does a Buddy support the incoming Erasmus students?
- The Buddy is the contact person and accompanies the incoming students in their everyday student life at the UCTE during the whole semester.
- The Buddy shows incoming students what Klagenfurt and its surroundings have to offer culturally and scenically.
What are the advantages of being a Buddy?
- Making international acquaintances and lasting friendships
- The opportunity to engage in intercultural exchange and improve foreign language skills
- The opportunity to gain a valuable reference for your CV
You are a local student and want to participate in the Buddy Programme?
Then register by 30 June 2021 by email to Diana Radmann, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For COVID-19 prevention, on 4th November 2020 the teaching at the University College of Teacher Education Carinthia was completely changed to Distance Learning.
Useful information on Coronavirus safety measures in Austria you can find here:
As of 15th January 2021, an electronic registration (Pre-Travel Clearance - PTC) is mandatory before entering Austria. You can find the electronic PTC registration form here.
Persons staying in regions for which a travel warning is in effect due to the COVID-19 pandemic must immediately enter a ten-day house quarantine upon entry into Austria. An early termination of the quarantine by means of a negative PCR or antigen test is possible from the 5th day after entry at the earliest.
Futher information on pre-travel-clearance.
Further information on COVID-19.